JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable and Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Accounts Receivable and Payable Specialist creates and submits customer invoices, as well as enters credit card transactions and assists with other AP and AR functions.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Accounting Accuracy
- Administrative Duties
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Understand the methods, practices and terminology used in bookkeeping and financial record keeping
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Able to interface with customers and all levels of personnel within the company
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; largely sedentary role
- Required to move up to 40lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus