JOB TITLE: Assistant Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Assistant Project Engineer administers and organizes all project needs from estimating to project closeout. In coordination with the Estimator and Project Manager/s, the Assistant Project Engineer ensures successful projects are delivered to our customers.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Purchasing / Invoice Processing
- File Maintenance / Upkeep
- Submittals and Closeouts
- Administrative Task
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and spec’s
- Able to work both, independently and as part of a team
- Team-oriented, cooperative, and collaborative
- Effective and professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and flexible
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or GED required and a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Project Assistant in construction or a related industry. Landscape and irrigation product knowledge and one year of accounting/finance experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Able to lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines