JOB TITLE: Landscape Construction Pipe Fitter
REPORTS TO: Project Supervisor
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Landscape Construction Pipe Fitter installs and maintains underground pipe. They will apply advanced knowledge of landscape construction operations, practices, and equipment while maintaining excellent customer service and communication skills with team members, clients, vendors, and management.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform the physical labor as outlined in the scope of a project
- Safety standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of landscape construction tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of piping system design, installation, and maintenance
- Effective listening skills to understand the scope and expectations of tasks to be performed
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, drawings, labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Strong attention to detail
- Work in an organized, proactive, and productive manner with the ability to communicate professionally
- Proven experience as a Pipe Fitter
- Valid California Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground pipe fitting and/or mechanical systems, fully able to comprehend and accurately interpret blueprints and construction drawings, installation and/or post-secondary training in pipe fitting or construction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Use hands, fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, electrical energy, and tools and machines regularly used in construction