JOB TITLE: Mechanic (Bakersfield and Surrounding Areas)
REPORTS TO: EMTS Account Supervisor
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Mechanic maintains equipment and fleet vehicles.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintenance of equipment and fleet vehicles
- EPA Compliance
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of:
- Equipment operations and mechanical functions
- String trimmers, backpack blowers, chain saws, and hedge trimmers
- Oil changes, vehicle brake replacement, trailer lighting, and connections
- Small engine mechanics and repair technology (Technician program graduate preferred)
- Experienced in 2 and 4-cycle and vehicle mechanics
- Dependable, reliable, and competent in handling equipment safely
- Able to interface with all levels of personnel within the company
- Valid California Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in equipment maintenance or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 80lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position materials
- Visual ability to adjust focus and must have close vision and depth perception
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment