JOB TITLE: Payroll / Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Accounting
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Payroll / Accounts Payable Specialist assists the accounting department with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of Payroll and Account Payable processes while ensuring payroll is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Accounting Accuracy
- Administrative Duties
- Payroll Processing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to process payroll for multiple states, including union team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ensure completion of Accounts Payable vendor processing and maintenance of vendor relationships
- Knowledge of tax withholding, voluntary deductions, garnishments, and fringe benefits
- Able to gather and compile data and prepare reports
- Understanding of the methods, practices, and terminology used in bookkeeping and financial record keeping
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Problem solver whose able to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with all levels of personnel within the company
- Flexible and willing to handle last-minute changes and issues as they arise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least five (5) years of experience in job costing, Accounts Payable (A/P), and payroll.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 40lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; largely sedentary role
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines