JOB TITLE: Payroll Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Accounting
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Payroll Specialist assists the accounting department with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of Payroll ensuring payroll is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Accounting Accuracy
- Administrative Duties
- Payroll Processing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to process payroll for multiple states, including union team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of tax withholding, voluntary deductions, garnishments, and fringe benefits
- Able to gather and compile data and prepare reports
- Understanding of the methods, practices, and terminology used in bookkeeping and financial record keeping
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Problem solver whose able to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with all levels of personnel within the company
- Flexible and willing to handle last-minute changes and issues as they arise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least three (3) years of experience in job costing and payroll.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 40lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; largely sedentary role
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines