JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Project Engineer assists with project management and contract administration and is considered a Project Manager in training.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of civil construction operations
- Able to deliver professionally written and verbal correspondence with customers, vendors, and team members
- Effective listening skills and ability to understand what our customers are looking for as a contractor and/or subcontractor
- Able to communicate the needs of our customers to our team members
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively both, independently and as part of a team (team oriented)
- Effective and professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and be flexible
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or GED required and a minimum of one (1) year experience as an Estimator and/or related industry administrative role.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 40lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Use hands, fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus