JOB TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Project Manager is responsible for customer satisfaction, job budgeting, job scheduling, cost controlling, documentation and reporting for all assigned projects.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Quality and Profitability of jobs
- Customer Service
- Team Member Supervision
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of construction operations
- Able to read and understand plans
- General estimating abilities
- Able to deliver professionally written and verbal correspondence with customers, vendors, and team members
- Effective listening skills and ability to understand what our customers are looking for as a contractor and/or subcontractor
- Able to communicate the needs of our customers to our team members
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid Driver’s License; will travel 20 – 35% of the time to jobsite and project locations, as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager and/or related industry Superintendent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Automobile/Airplane travel required
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 50lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Use hands, fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, electrical energy, and tools and machines regularly used in construction