JOB TITLE: Small Engine Mechanic (Bakersfield and Surrounding Areas)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Small Engine Mechanic provides regular maintenance to the equipment and diagnoses and repairs small engines while delivering professional, timely, and quality service.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintenance of Equipment
- Troubleshooting and resolving equipment issues
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Understand the basic requirements for operating 4 stroke and 2 stroke engines
- A positive, self-starter attitude
- Knowledge of string trimmers, backpack blowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, and push and riding mowers
- Knowledge of small engine mechanics and repair technology
- Dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely
- Able to interface with all levels of personnel within the company
- Flexible availability to work some weekends and holidays
- Able to hear equipment running to analyze failures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of experience. A Technician program graduate is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, lift, reach, bend, and use repetitive hand motion and/or push or pull up to 80 lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment