JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Staff Accountant assists the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting Department.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experienced with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to gather and compile data, and prepare reports
- Proficient in data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, and QuickBooks
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Problem solver and able to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with all levels of personnel within the company
- Flexible and willing to handle last-minute changes and issues as they arise
- Construction accounting experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is required with five (5) years of experience in the general ledger, job costs, Accounts Payable (A/P), and Accounts Receivable (A/R).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to move, lift and/or carry up to 40lbs.
- Regularly required to talk, listen, and maintain visual acuity
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; largely sedentary role
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- Repetitive hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment