JOB TITLE: Camionero de cama baja
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Low Bed Driver handles our diesel-powered low bed to transport all types of heavy equipment, with the primary function to safely load and secure equipment to be moved from one location to another.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Valid California Class A driver’s license; will travel 70% of the time to run/pick-up parts
- Dependable, reliable, and competent in handling equipment safely
- Experience loading and securing aerial equipment such as boom lifts, reach forklifts, and scissor lifts
- Able to communicate with customers, Shop Foreman, and General Manager
- Able to multitask while working independently; methodical and detail-oriented
- Valid DOT medical and a clean DMV record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent is required and two (2) years relevant truck experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also have experience driving a manual transmission and heavy equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive travel required
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Must be able to walk, stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Required to move up to 50lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Use hands, fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, electrical energy, and tools and machines regularly used in construction