Title: Junior Estimator
Supervisor’s Title: Chief Estimator
The Junior Estimator’s primary focus is to calculate/estimate the expected cost of construction on a given project. The junior estimator also helps with forecasting how long it will take to complete the project. Their duties will be directed towards the development of profitable and competitive bids by identifying all cost information needed for a successful bid proposal.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Review all opportunities presented by Sales, Chief Estimator, Builders’ Exchanges, partner contractors and the like, through project plans, specifications and scopes of work to ensure the development of a complete and comprehensive takeoff package. The gathering of information to be used in the production of the project estimate.
- Assist with the coordination of hand-offs from Estimating to field staff upon award.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time based on the needs of the organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General working knowledge of the construction industry with focus relevant to divisional objectives.
- Ability to read and comprehend the following documents: project plans, specifications, contracts and subcontracts; as well as relevant laws, codes and ordinances.
- Able to perform routine and special administrative tasks related to project estimating without excessive supervision.
- Must have the ability to process preliminary correspondence, pre-bid requests for information (RFI), provide accurate quantity review, and maintain coordination with vendors.
- Ability to communicate with professional written correspondence.
- Work in an organized, proactive, and productive manner.