JOB TITLE: Vice President of Finance and Accounting (VPFA)
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The VPFA is responsible for all accounting and financial matters of the business. The VPFA’s primary focus is managing the financial risks of Elite, as well as assist the CFO in other key areas of Finance and Operations.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Controlling and managing Elite’s cash management
- Accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ensure all Elite companies are in compliance
- Ensure Elite’s liabilities and financial obligations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experienced with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IRS Tax Code
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- An effective leader of the finance and accounting function
- Able to demonstrate ethical leadership and business integrity
- Effective listening and counseling skills to get the best performance out of all team members
- Able to communicate the responsibilities each direct report has in achieving Elite’s goals
- Able to achieve Elite’s goals by utilizing the strengths of all team members
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to interface with customers and all levels of personnel within the company
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting and ten or more years of related executive leadership experience in a related industry. CPA, CGMA, CMA, CFA certification, Certified Treasury Professional accreditation or equivalent preferred. Previous experience leading and building a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, walk, listen and maintain visual acuity
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; largely sedentary role
- Repetitive hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment
- Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform essential functions